At next month’s American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting in New Orleans (US), an independent researcher named Trevor Underwood will be presenting an equation-rich analysis that thoughtfully undermines the perspective that increases in CO2 concentrations are a fundamental variable affecting climate.
Instead, Underwood argues that the absorption band where CO2 emissivity could have an effect is likely already saturated, precluding the capacity of increased CO2 concentrations to produce atmospheric warming.
He also advances the position that solar irradiance changes can explain modern temperature variations, which is consistent with other recent analyses.
It seems that more and more of these papers questioning the “consensus” view on the efficacy of the CO2 within the greenhouse effect are being considered in scientific circles. Several previous examples are listed below.
The volume of contrarian analyses would seem to suggest that the climate’s specific sensitivity to CO2 concentration changes is not yet settled.
And so the debate rages on.
• Another New Paper Dismantles The CO2 Greenhouse Effect ‘Thought Experiment’
• New Paper: CO2 Has ‘Negligible’ Influence On Earth’s Temperature
• 3 Chemists Conclude CO2 Greenhouse Effect Is ‘Unreal’, Violates Laws Of Physics, Thermodynamics
• Ph.D. Physicist Uses Empirical Data To Assert CO2 Greenhouse Theory A ‘Phantasm’ To Be ‘Neglected’
• Swiss Physicist Concludes IPCC Assumptions ‘Violate Reality’…CO2 A ‘Very Weak Greenhouse Gas’
• Recent CO2 Climate Sensitivity Estimates Continue Trending Towards Zero
• A Swelling Volume Of Scientific Papers Now Forecasting Global Cooling In The Coming Decades
• Russian Scientists Dismiss CO2 Forcing, Predict Decades Of Cooling, Connect Cosmic Ray Flux To Climate
• 2 New Papers: Models ‘Severely Flawed’, Temp Changes Largely Natural, CO2 Influence ‘Half’ Of IPCC Claims
• Leading Heat Transfer Physicists/Geologists Assert The Impact Of CO2 Emissions On Climate Is ‘Negligible’
• New Atmospheric Sciences Textbook: Climate Sensitivity Just 0.4°C For CO2 Doubling
• U of Canberra Expert: Doubling Atmospheric CO2 Would Increase ‘Heating By Less Than 0.01°C’
• Uncertainties, Errors In Radiative Forcing Estimates 10 – 100 Times Larger Than Entire Radiative Effect Of Increasing CO2
• New Paper Documents Imperceptible CO2 Influence On The Greenhouse Effect Since 1992
Read rest at No Tricks Zone
Trackback from your site.