CCD Editor’s Note: The following is a letter sent to MIT’s Climate Action Plan committee. He has made it available to the public.
Dear MIT Climate Actors,
I, an MIT alum, was just looking at MIT’s so-called Climate Action Plan, particularly its advisory committee, to see if there were any skeptical climate scientists on it — science that doesn’t allow a diversity of opinions is not science.
Not only were there no skeptical climate scientists on it, there were no real climate scientists at all!
The closest you have is Ron Prinn and he is just an old chemist who decided to get in on the profitable field of climate change.
Why don’t you start an MIT Surgery Action Plan and put no licensed surgeons on its advisory committee? You can then sit around and with no surgical knowledge advise how to “fix” surgery, save humanity, and declare yourself saviors.
Oh yeah, that won’t work, you’d be exposed very quickly when people started dying due to your advice and society came looking for you to put you in jail for fatally practicing medicine without a license.
Not like climate change, where any fool can pretend to be a climate expert and won’t get called on it because their predictions of doom occur only after they have made their careers, comfortably retired and died. (Yes, millions will die sooner and live more miserable lives due to your climate “actions” but that is harder to prove.)
I can say all this because I am a real climate scientist, including having graduate degrees in climate science (doing climate modeling and climate proxies) from top universities, having written parts of two major climate models (NASA’s and NCAR’s), and having done hands-on climate proxy work (not just using the misinterpreted results).
Dr. Duane Thresher
- Researcher, tree ring climate proxy modeling, University of Alaska (ARSC and SNRAS).
- Guest Scientist, ocean climate proxy modeling, Alfred Wegener Institute, Germany.
- Ph.D., Earth & Environmental Sciences (climate modeling/proxies), Columbia University and NASA GISS (working for James Hansen, the father of global warming, and Gavin Schmidt, leading climate change warrior scientist/spokesperson).
- NSF research cruise, R/V Nathaniel B. Palmer in Mertz Glacier region of Antarctica, out of Hobart, Tasmania, Australia; CTD operator.
- MS, Atmospheric Science (climate modeling/tree rings/chaos), University of Arizona and NCAR.
- BS, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, MIT and NASA.
Trackback from your site.