Ted Cruz breaks down the real problem with climate change (and other progressive tropes)

cruzTed Cruz put his well-honed extemporaneous speaking skills to good use recently when a pair of liberal students attempted to corner him on climate change in New Hampshire.

The GOP presidential hopeful was especially on point during a lengthy back-and-forth with a liberal student named Kaity Thomson, who attempted to get Cruz to admit that he is anti-science and conceals a sinister agenda that forces him, for political reasons, to deny mankind’s role in effecting climate change.

It didn’t go well for the young activist. She posted a transcript of their exchange on her YouTube channel, along with this video, but she might have been better off cutting out the last portion of their conversation:

{youtube}HGUiR3vaMiQ{/youtube}

Here’s how Cruz pretty much isolated the problem in Thomson’s — and, by extension, all faithful progressives’ — argument:

Cruz- “Can I ask you Kaity, is there a single issue on any public policy issue whatsoever that you disagree with the standard liberal position?”

Kaity- “Probably.”

Cruz- “Can you name one?”

Kaity- “I’d rather not right now. This is what I really care about. Climate change. This is what I really care about. This is what I’m voting on.”

Cruz- “And your professors are engaging in indoctrination rather than teaching facts and evidence.”

Kaity- “That is absolutely untrue.”

Cruz- “I would just encourage you to question what they are telling you.”

Kaity- “I do. I question you.”

Cruz- “But have you ever questioned the left?”

Kaity- “Absolutely, every day.”

Check out the full transcript over on Thomson’s YouTube channel — but forget about leaving a comment: She’s disabled them.

Source

Trackback from your site.

Leave a comment (newest first):

Comments (8)

Me

Good for Ted Cruz! 🙂

GR82DRV

Kaity demonstrates that AGW is only a “problem” for first-world academically insulated elites. The rest of the world has [i]real[/i] issues to solve.

AGW is essentially a problem that is seeking its own evidence of existence.

Looked at another way, one-world socialism is the presumed answer to a problem that does not exist. Since socialism [b]never[/b] works, its success needs to be measured against vague outcomes that won’t be quantified and can be changed on-the-fly by the movement’s activists. In the end, AGW is the perfect meme for a massive political fraud.

Naive political pawns like Kaity need another 20 years of real life to possibly understand how they have been manipulated by their leftist academic masters.

Al Shelton

Right on GR82DRV……….

GR82DRV

The caption on the video states, “Ted Cruz [b]insults[/b] the University of New Hampshire, denies the earth is warming”.

What kind of science is [b]INSULTED[/b] by contrary opinions?

Amber

Ambush interviews are part of the process and basic tactics of extreme green . Cruz was not about to be bullied by comments like … you are not a climate scientist …but I am .
    I admire him for being willing to continue speaking with her despite her quick /planned cheap shot comments .

Notice how her “professors ‘ are not doing the ambushing . Far easier to send out a student .

Hillary was similarly gang tackled and rolled over in seconds knowing the cameras were rolling and her bankers would be watching .

Don’t know too much about Cruz but at least he has some backbone,gave a reasoned response under the circumstances, and won’t be pushed around .

Dr Tim Ball-Historical Climatologist

I would like to tell you of my latest book and documentary.
    ‘The Deliberate Corruption of Climate Science’.
    My latest documentary and video of my presentation.

My website is
    Thank you.
    Tim

4TimesAYear

She fails to notice that they only had a 38% certainty that it was the “hottest on record” – and if memory serves correctly, the amount was within the +/- margin of error

4TimesAYear

“Hottest year on record” – using a different method to calculate the “global average” – and measuring to the hundredths of degrees when they used to eyeball it is like comparing apples to….(take your pick of any life form but apples 🙂 )